Friday, May 11, 2012

Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)



Ever since i started prepare Bento for my kids, every night i will ask my kids what they want to eat for Bento. The other day my son Lucas requested for Teriyaki salmon, but the little son Desmond said he has boring on my bento and he wanted to buy at the school's canteen..I was so upset when hearing this(understand that he is still small) ..Now i start to understand how my mother felt when we were complaint about the foods that she prepared for us last time..

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all mothers a "Happy Mother's Day" on this Sunday.

Anyway this was not stopping me to prepare Bento for Lucas, and he was enjoyed so much of this Salmon rice ball..


Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)

I use these moulds to make this triangle rice ball called Onigiri, which i won from a blogger's giveaway few years back.

Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)
 

A very quick and easy recipe, Thanks to Nami aka Just One Cookbook.. I have to simplify this recipe as i could not find some of the ingredients.

Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)

Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)


Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)



Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)
(recipe source: adapted from Just One Cookbook, with minor changes)

2 Salmon fillets

Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)
Japanese rice (2 cups uncooked rice) , cook in rice cooker with 2.5 cups water ,1tbsp Japanese vinegar and a pinch of salt

1tbsp sesame seeds
1 spring onion, green part only, julienned

Seasonings
1 tbsp cooking sake
1 tbsp Japanese light soy sauce
1tsp sugar
1tsp grated ginger

2 small packets of Furikake (salmon flavor)

Method
1. Bake salmon fillets at 200C for 10mins, set aside to cool. Break up into rough uneven pieces by hands and remove the bones if any.
2. In a non-stick frying pan, add in sesame seeds, stir fry till aroma.
3. Add in salmon, use a wooden spoon, break up into smaller pieces.
4. Add in seasonings and grated ginger, mix well.
5. Last add in spring onion, combine well. Pour the mixture into the rice cooker, add in Furikake, mix all together.
6. While the rice is warm, make rice ball with the triangle mould. Wrap with nori seaweed .


Salmon Onigiri (Rice Ball)


Other topics:-

There were two requests sent to me, requested for authorisation to use my photos. I am glad that they asked my permission unlike the earlier "no manner person" who still my photos and posts.

1) My Turmeric cabbage photo-an educational project at Fairfield Methodist Primary School which they are featuring popular foods for 4 races on the pillars at their canteen.


Chinese Food_120212


2) My "Ngoh Hiang" photo- for packaging sticker design..In return, he was helping me to convert my Nasi Lemak icon into watermark ,so I can place my blog's icon on all my photos for copyright purposes. Thanks Victor!

meat roll5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator