Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fresh Fig and Cranberries Butter Cake 无花果蔓越莓牛油蛋糕


Recently i found another pasar pagi (morning wet market) nearby for my daily marketing. This market have more stalls and more things to buy. I have never seen fresh figs 无花果 selling in this kind of pasar pagi before. I was so happy when i stumbled upon fresh figs selling in one of the fruits stall the other day. The owner of the shop told me that I was lucky enough to get these figs as this is the first time and also the last time for him to sell these figs as there are not many people seem to "appreciate" these fruit, hahaha..he even discounted few ringgits for me..so I bought 4 for RM 8 only..
Aiyah, i should have thrown some of the seeds in my backyard to see whether it grow or not..but i was totally forgotten!


IMG_7418 copy

The taste of fresh fig is a bit plain but i realized that after baked, it became so flavourful ! taste nicer than fresh one.

IMG_7407


I also added some frozen cranberries which I have kept for almost a year, bought it last Christmas but did not make use of it till now..Adding cranberries was kind of balance out the sweetness from the butter cake, good choice!

IMG_7404

My husband who doesn't fancy on any cakes, also gave thumbs up to this cake!

IMG_7434 copy

At first, i was planning to make the fig cake in Jane's corner, but i was too lazy to separate eggs (she only use egg white) and also no oranges, last i changed the recipe to my favourite butter cake base..

IMG_7432 copy


Fresh Fig and Cranberries Butter Cake
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes one loaf

125g unsalted butter
IMG_7418 copy 100g sugar
A pinch of salt
2 large eggs
125g self-raising flour
3tbsp milk
50g frozen fresh cranberries, thawed
Toppings
1tsp light brown sugar
2 fresh fig, tips removed, sliced

Method
1. Pre-heated oven at 180C.
2. Beat butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
3. Add salt, then add egg one at a time, beat well.
4. Add in flour and milk alternatively, combine well.
5. Fold in cranberries, arrange fig on top, and sprinkle brown sugar.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator