Thursday, September 5, 2013

Colourful Snowskin Mooncakes 彩色冰皮月饼

This is my 1st batch of mooncakes this year, made this for my two sons and my sister who prefer snowskin mooncake. This time, I found a very easy to handle snowskin recipe. At first, I was thinking to make 100% natural colours of mooncake, but the end, I have to replace some with food colouring to bring out the nice colour tone. Nevertheless, I was happy to see the natural nice blue from blue pea flower (bunga telang).

SM3


sm

 
One tip to share, make sure you add the colouring into the water first but not add into dough later as when you work more, the dough tend to turned rough.
Like this example, I use strawberry powder for pink, so first I dissolved this powder with water first before mix with flour.
You can see the orange one is a bit rough, because I use yellow dough to add with red food colouring, work too much, it became rough!

sm9

 
Since I didn't prepare pandan paste, I blend 2pcs pandan leaves only and the green colour is not that strong, so I have to drop some green food colouring
sm8
I just use this type of jelly mould to imprint the rose pattern

sm7

 
Snowskin mooncake is very easy to prepare.
First sieve koh fun and icing sugar

sms1

Rub in the shortening 
sms2


sms3

 
add in coloured iced cold water
sms4

 
Don't worry if you see the mixture is wet, just continue to mix
sms5

 
It will turn to smooth but don't over work it !
sms6

 
Like this mini size of mooncake, handy and can choose your favourite colour ^_^
sm5


Colourful Snowskin Mooncakes 彩色冰皮月饼
(recipe source: adapted the basic recipe from Hearty Bakes,with changes)
*makes 8pcs (for one colour)

38g Koh hun (cooked glutinous rice flour) 糕粉
38g Icing sugar糖粉
sms7 13g Shortening白油
45g Iced Cold water冷水

White lotus paste filing

Method
1. Weigh lotus paste of 20g each. Shape into rounds and set aside.
2. Sieve koh fun and icing sugar into a big bowl. Rub in the shortening and add in iced water, mix to form a dough. Remove and roll into a long strip. Scale at 15g each and roll into rounds. Flatten and wrap in lotus paste balls.
3. Place the dough into a mooncake mould. Press firmly, dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould.
 

To make with difference colour, replace cold water with:-
White- plain cold water
Yellow-mango juices + yellow food colouring
Orange-yellow dough + red food colouring
Pink- dissolve strawberry paste into cold water
Green-cooked pandan water + green food colouring, store in the fridge to let it cool.
Blue- cooked blue pea flower water, store in the fridge to let it cool.

I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Zoe@ Bake For Happy Kids and Mui Mui @ My Little Favourites DIY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator