Thursday, June 2, 2011

Japanese Miso Chicken stir-fry

Miso Chicken stir-fry

I just came back from 2 days 1 night shopping trip to Singapore. I also managed to meet two bloggers,Sharon from Somewhere in Singapore and Ann from Anncoo Journal. I had a simple dinner with Sharon on the 1st night and she also brought me to Popular book store to search for books. The next day morning, I was meeting with Ann. Ann drove me to famous bakery ingredients ship Poon Huat and Sunlik to shop for baking stuffs. This was a fruitful trip, i came home with few baking pans, good cocoa powder, ribbon & etc and I also managed to buy a Nespresso coffee machine with milk frother from Takashimaya store with a SGD 50 discount voucher. According to Ann, I was lucky to be in SG this time as SG is having big mega sales right now. Thanks to Sharon and Ann spending time with me, I am so happy to meet them in person.Ok, back to this post, i quite often cook Japanese dish as my kids love Japanese foods. This simple Japanese stir fry chicken with miso is good and nice to eat with a plate of steam rice.



Miso Chicken stir-fry


this is the Miso paste i use..

Miso Chicken stir-fry


When i saw this dish in AngieYHL, I immediate bookmarked because i know this is a great dish.

Japanese Miso Chicken stir-fry
(recipe source: largely adapted from Angie YHL with some modification)

3 boneless chicken chop, trimmed of fat and cut into bite size

1 and 1/2tbsp Miso
1tbsp Japanese light soy sauce

1tbsp Mirin
1tbsp Sake

1tsp garlic paste
1tsp ginger paste

1 yellow onion, shredded
3 stalks spring onion, cut 1” in length

Method
1. Combine soy sauce, miso, mirin, sake,garlic and ginger paste in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Blanch chicken in hot water and rinse well.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in miso mixture, stir well. Add in onion and water (if too dry) and continue stir fry until sauce has thickened.
5. Add in spring onion, mix well.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.

Miso Chicken stir-fry



Happy Cooking !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator