Thursday, November 7, 2013

Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Crepes) 越南煎饼

After I made the Vietnamese Bo La Lot, I used the leftover bean sprouts and herbs to make another Vietnamese cuisine Banh Xeo. Banh Xeo is a Vietnamese savoury crepes that stuffed with meat, bean sprouts and herbs. A lot of peoples thought the crepes is a egg crepe, actually the crepes is made with rice flour and colour with turmeric powder but no egg is added. The first time I had this was at Quan An Ngon, Ho Chi Minh Vietnam.


bx copy

 
some of the ingredients
bx4

 
if you don't have a good non-stick wok, then you can use non-stick frying pan to make this..

bx8.jpg

 
Crispy edges, yum!
bx3 copy


Ok, here are some update about my blog:-
My blog will go through some renovation. I will remove the current blog list (remove those inactive blogs and some blogs that I seldom visit) and make a new blog list (it may take some time for me to recover all blogs). Also move the traffic counter to the bottom of the blog since I don’t really care the traffic figures. Due to my busy schedule, I have no time to take part of any blog activities in the future (i will try to participate if time is permitted) and also I have stopped to operate “My Kedai Runcit” shop.
Thanks for all the readers is browsing my blog every now and then. Anyway, I will still bake, cook and try out new recipes for my family and sharing in my blog. Hope you all enjoy reading my post!


Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Crepes) 越南煎饼
(recipe source: made reference to here, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

Batter
120 rice flour
bx2 copy110g coconut milk
110g water
1tbsp cooking oil
1/4tsp salt
1/2tsp turmeric powder

Filling
100g bean sprouts
Some chopped spring onions and corianders, shredded carrot
100g prawns
100g lean pork, sliced

Dipping sauce- Nuoc cham sauce (Vietnamese chili dipping sauce), recipe refer here

Method

  1. Heat little oil in a frying pan, cook prawns and pork slices separately, season with salt, remove and set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a wok over low heat, pour batter in the wok and swirl to distribute evenly. Sprinkle cooked prawns, pork slices, bean sprouts, carrots, spring onions and corianders over half of the batter. Cover with the lid, cook for several minutes.
  3. When cooked through and edges are browned, fold the crêpe over and slide onto a plate. Repeat for second crêpe.
  4. To serve, serve as an appetizer to share or a main dish. To eat, wrap a piece of the crêpe into a lettuce leaf with a few herbs. Dip into the sauce and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator