Monday, May 13, 2013

Special Cekur Dipping Sauce 沙姜沾酱


Today I am going to share with you this simple and yummy cekur dipping sauce that best to dip with white cut chicken / poached chicken or Pak Cham Gai. I learnt this special cekur dipping sauce from my sister-in-law.




Cekur is one type of local ginger, widely use in Malay cooking, you can read more here.
When I tasted Chinese 沙茶酱 (widely use in Taiwan), I can taste cekur aroma too.
I have a small cekur plant, not enough to prepare this dipping sauce. Sometime, I will add shredded fresh cekur leaves into chili dipping sauce when we having steamboat, very good too.


IMG_4844

So I bought it from wet market, not that expensive actually..

Cleaning and remove cekur skin is the most tedious part in preparing this dipping sauce.

Chop it till finely


I modified a bit of my SIL recipe, added extra small chili and adjust a bit of the seasonings. Surprise that my kids also gave thumbs up to this dipping sauce..

IMG_4858 copy




Special Cekur Dipping Sauce 沙姜沾酱
(recipe source: re-create from my SIL recipe)


50g chopped cekur roots 沙姜
IMG_4870 copy 50g chopped garlic
2 small green chili, sliced
3tbsp cooking oil
1/2cup water
2tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp salt or taste
1/2tsp sugar or taste


Method


  1. Heat oil in a saucepan, add in chopped cekur and garlic, sauté till aroma.
  2. Add in water, bring to boil.
  3. Add in all seasonings, and continue to simmer till slightly thicken.
  4. Serve with poached chicken (white cut chicken) or any other dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator