Friday, August 30, 2013

Decorated Birthday Cakes


Since LTU-Eggs will end tomorrow, let me quickly share another two Birthday cakes I did beside Barbie Doll cake. So I am sharing two posts today ^_^.


bd5 copy

I love this idea from Eileen who decorate the Birthday cake with Kit Kat chocolate bars, perfect for me who still poor in cake frosting ^_^.

bd3 copy


I baked a 8" chocolate sponge cake from earlier basic chocolate sponge cake recipe. And I frosted  with fresh cream (non-dairy whipping cream~200g) , see here on how to beat this cream. Also decorated with Zespri kiwifruits, strawberries and blueberries .Last brush with some homemade sugar glaze to let the fruits look shinning, recipe can refer here.
Ya, almost forgot, I also spread Raspberry Italian buttercream between the cake layers, refer to Italian buttercream from macaron's recipe.

bd2 copy

 
This is another Birthday cake. This cake was done one day earlier than Barbie Doll cake. Since I was busy with the planning of Barbie doll cake, so I made a quick and easy Birthday cake.
I baked a chocolate cake (modified from Japanese shortcake recipe but using cold eggs method) and decorated with Swiss Meringue buttercream. Anyway, I feel this cake is on dry size, still prefer the basic chocolate sponge cake recipe . 

bd copy

I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by (Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out). You can link your egg recipes here.

Happy Merdeka to all Malaysian and Happy Holidays !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator