Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dong Zhi Festival 冬至快乐 , and a bloggers gathering


Happy Dong Zhi, the Winter Solstice Festival to all my Chinese blogger friends and readers. I am sure by this moment, you all have enjoyed a bowl of Tangyuan. I have been very busy for the last two days (sorry for not visiting to my blogger's friend blog, but i promise will drop by soon) , because i was busy make preparation for Jessie KL gathering at my house yesterday.



IMG_4405 copy

A spread of good foods..

IMG_4393

Homemade roast pork (Siew Yok) from me..

IMG_4362 copy

Popiah (crepes with vegetables filling) from me..recipe coming soon

IMG_4398

They were all enjoying making their own Popiah, see Yen's husband Craig so creative to draw a Chritsmas tree using sweet sauce and chili sauce ^_^

IMG_4385

A vanilla buttercake (Madeira Cake ) from Yen....I was enjoyed this nice cake with a cup of coffee.

IMG_4364 copy

very nice Chee Cheong Fun and Tauki sheets that Quay Po bought from a famous shop nearby her house

IMG_4365

Homemade Yong Yau Fu (brinjals and ladyfingers) from Quay Po..I espeically love that brinjals, yummy..

IMG_4366 copy

Sauces for Yong Tau Fu
IMG_4374

Nama chocolate from Yen (Eat Your Heart Out) (she adapted recipe from Nami Just One Cookbook)..My 1st time tried this type of chocolate, it was very good, gonna to make this by myself one day..

IMG_4377 copy

Japanese gyoza by me..Jessie wanted to learn how to wrap dumplings, so I purposely prepared this and taught her on wrappping method..


IMG_4424

Egg tarts from me...recipe coming soon..

IMG_4317

Pandan Xiang Xi chiffon cake from me , i made using homemade pandan paste..

IMG_4320

A sweet end from me, Tangyuan in pandan and ginger soup. They all have fun making Tangyuan..
IMG_4382 copy


IMG_4420

Jessie's daughter Isabella- she is such a cute girl..

IMG_4449 copy

Jessie and her son Ethan, like mother, like son

IMG_4452 copy

Jessie's family with Quay Po Veronica

IMG_4409


A group photo..
My great pleasure to have Jessie (Jessie Cooking Moments ) whole family came to my house, in view of her tight schedule of visiting many places during of her short visit ..And nice to have Quay Po Veronica visit me again (even she still lost her way to my house on this 2nd visit, hehehe) and also Thanks her given gifts to each of my family members, and nice meeting with Yen (Eat Your Heart Out) and her husband Craig...

IMG_4414

Jessie also brought a box of nama chocolate from Royce,  and a MasterChef board for me..
She said i deserved to have this MasterChef board..You will seeing me using this board to take photos very often from now, hehehe..



I just prepapred this savoury Tangyuan soup for lunch in this Dong Zhi day. My mom use to prepare this savoury type of Tangyuan soup when i was a kid, and now i prepared for my family who 1st time trying savoury of Tangyuan..

IMG_4475 copy



IMG_4485 copy

Tangyuan (汤圆) Glutinous rice balls in soup
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

200g glutinous rice flour
1tsp caster
150g hot water (why hot water? in order to have QQ texture)

your choice of colouring


Method
1. Add glutinous rice flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Slowly pour in hot water, lightly knead till combine.
3. To roll Tangyuan into balls, cover it before cooking.


Sweet Tangyuan in pandan and ginger soup

1. Boil pandan and few slices of ginger with water.
IMG_4420 2. Add in sugar and taste accordingly.
3. Drop in Tangyuan balls, once it floating on top, dish out and serve.


Savoury Tangyuan soup

Chicken stock- ( I boil chicken meat, soy bean and onion with water for 2hours)
mushrooms, sliced
pork meat, sliced (marinate with salt, light soy sauce, sesame oil, peeper and tapioca flour)
Green vegetables, your choice
Garlic oil

Method
1. Add chicken stock and mushroom slices in a pot.
2. Once stock boiled, add in vegetables, Tangyuan and meat slices.
3. Once Tangyuan floating on top, dish out and serve hot.



IMG_4482 copy

Oh, i have to go prepare another gathering tonight, my husband's friend whole family going to have dinner with us. If today really a Dooms day, so we all Cai Cai (together) go to heaven at the same time, hahaha..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator