Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chicken & Potatoes Curry Milk Buns 马铃薯咖喱鸡面包

I just done this bun just now, but I can't wait to share with you, immediately post it here because this bun is so fragrance and soft !! I like to say in Chinese"  软和香到不行的面包" !!
While the buns is baking in the oven, my whole kitchen is full of pandan aroma, smell so good !!
My daughter again asked me to open a bakery shop ^_^ .


cb16 copy

cb14 copy

 
Home grown curry leaves and pandan leaves
cb

cb11 copy

cb20.jpg

 I like how these buns are decorated with curry leaf and pandan leaf

cb8


cb9

 
still lacking skill of wrapping, the filling is out of shape,hehehe, anyway, it tasted so good !
cb15 copy


cb13 copy

I adapted the basic bread dough recipe from the popular Kopitiam milk buns recipe from Crystal. But I made some changes to the original recipe as I reduced the yeast amount (Usually I use 1tsp yeast for 300g-350g of flour ) and I omitted milk powder as I can't find milk powder in my pantry anymore since my kids are grown up,^_^

Updated on 11th July 2013-  This morning I just had this milk bun for breakfast. The bun still tasted moist and soft. I hope you can try out this bun soon. I am going to make with difference filling next time. This photo was posted at my Instagram @ sonianll



Chicken & Potatoes Curry Milk Buns 咖喱鸡马铃薯面包
(recipe source: basic dough adapted from Crystal with minor changes, chicken and potatoes curry by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 11 buns
Chicken & Potatoes Curry
3 potatoes, small cubed
200g chicken breast, small cubed
cb10 copy 2 sprig curry leaves

½ onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
3 shallots, chopped finely

Mix to form a paste
1 and 1/2tbsp curry powder (meat type)
1/2tbsp red chili powder
1tsp coriander powder
1/2tsp cumin powder
1/2tsp turmeric powder
4tbsp water

Method

  1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté onion, garlic and shallots till aroma.
  2. Add in curry paste & curry leaves, stir till fragrance. Add in chicken and potatoes, mix well.
  3. Add in enough water to cover the chicken and potatoes, cook over low medium heat till potatoes tendered. Set aside to cool.

To prepare Chicken & Potatoes Curry buns

Overnight sponge dough
215g high protein flour
125g full cream milk (cold)
2g instant yeast (1/2tsp)

Method

  1. Mix all ingredients till a rough dough (I use KA mixer), cover with cling film and store in the fridge for overnight.
To prepare basic dough
1 quantity of above overnight sponge dough
90g high protein flour
30g egg (1/2 large egg)
4g instant yeast (1tsp)
3g fine salt (1/2tsp)
60g sugar
45g butter (room temperature)
1tbsp milk (cold)

Pandan leaves
Curry leaves
Toothpicks
Egg wash – balance half egg + 1tbsp milk

Method

  1. Tear the overnight sponge dough into pieces and add all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, knead till smooth dough (I use KA mixer at speed 2-3) .
  2. Add in the butter and knead until dough is smooth, shinning and elastic. Cover with cling film and set aside to proof till double in size.
  3. Punch down the dough to expel air, divide into 50g portions and mould into round balls, rest for 10mins.
  4. Flatten the dough ball into a round disc, spoon filling in the middle, wrap and seal. Roll in ball shape and gently press to form a disc shape. Place on a baking tray. Let it proof for another 45mins.
  5. Wrap each bun with pandan leaf that secured with toothpick. Egg wash the top of the buns, and place a piece of curry leaf on top.
  6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 15mins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator