Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wholemeal Milk Loaf 全麦牛奶面包

I remembered a reader asked me whether she can make the chocolate milk bun into wholemeal bread. Yes, we can make into wholemeal bread, and the bread stay soft and moist till the next day. I am glad that my family can start to enjoy homemade wholemeal bread at home.


wm6 copy


wm10 copy


wm13.jpg
 
 
I made this wholemeal loaf also partly due to I want to try with a new non-stick loaf pan that I have kept for too long. But too bad, I still couldn't achieve the square shape loaf using this basic recipe. I guess I have to increase a bit of the recipe..

wm5 copy


wm8 copy

I have gradually reduced the sugar amount as I found the original recipe contain high sugar and taste a bit sweet to our liking. Next, I want to experiment with overnight sponge dough using water instead of milk, to see any difference in the texture.

Wholemeal Milk Loaf 全麦牛奶面包
(recipe source: modified from earlier recipe, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 1 loaf (size of the loaf tin : 11cmx11cm)

Overnight sponge dough
215g wholemeal flour
wm7 copy125g milk (cold)
2g instant yeast (1/2tsp)

Method
1.         Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients to a rough dough by hands , the dough is dry and rough and don't need to knead till pass window pane. Cover tightly with cling film and immediately store in the fridge for overnight (at least 12hours).

 
To prepare wholemeal loaf
1 quantity of above overnight sponge dough
90g high protein flour
30g egg (1/2 large egg)
4g instant yeast (1tsp)
3g fine salt (1/2tsp)
30g sugar
45g butter (room temperature)
2tbsp milk (cold)

Method

1.Tear the overnight sponge dough into pieces and add all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, knead till smooth dough.
2. Add in the butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover with cling film and set aside to proof till double in size. (Total kneading time is 20mins using KA Mixer)
3.Punch down the dough to expel air, equal divide the dough to 3 portions, shape into round balls. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a rectangle, roll up like a swiss roll and place seam-side down in a non-stick loaf tin (if use normal loaf tin, buttered and floured the tin). Let it proof for another 30-45mins.
4.Cover the loaf tin with the lid, bake at pre-heated oven at 190C for 30mins-45mins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator