Friday, April 26, 2013

Italian Plum Cake 意大利李子蛋糕


I made this Italian plum cake yesterday with plums from South Africa, it was like butter cake bake in tart or pie pan with some stone fruits..Nevertheless, it was nice and buttery !
After this post, I will go off for another "tumpang trip" , and back after a week..

italy_3 copy

After google for few recipes, all almost using the same ingredients like making a butter cake..So I use my usual butter cake recipe to make the base..

italy_1 copy

italy_4 copy


When I preparing this cake, I realized that there is no stock of milk and cinnamon powder in my pantry..You know how i proceed with my cake? I use creamer (for Nescafe use) and add hot water so it became milk. And I replaced mixed spices powder (use for kek lapis last time) with cinnamon powder. Luckily it still turned out good ^_^..


Italian plum cake
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes a 10” round tart/pie pan with removable base


125g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g caster sugar
italy_2 copy 1/4tsp salt
2 large eggs
2tbsp milk
1/2tsp baking powder
125g cake flour
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp light brown sugar
Cinnamon powder or mixed spices powder


3 plums, sliced


Method


  1. Pre-heated oven at 170C (fan forced).
  2. Line tart pan with paper, grease side with butter.
  3. Beat butter, sugar and salt till pale and creamy.
  4. Add egg one at a time, and vanilla extract, beat well.
  5. Add in milk, sift in flour and baking powder, beat to combine well.
  6. Arrange plum slices on top of the batter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
  7. Bake for 35mins, or until cake is golden brown.

italy_6 copy


Where am I going this time? From the title of this post, you then know where am I going ^_^
I have prepared few scheduled post for my last year trip to Bali, feel free to check it out later.
My return flight is on the day of 13th Malaysia General Election. I cross my fingers, and start to pray for no flight delay and no luggage delay, so I can drop my value vote!! See you all soon..take care..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator