Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What are the differences between Daun Kaduk and Daun Sirih


When I posted Kuih Daun Kaduk and Fried Daun Kaduk, few of my blogger friends were confuse and they thought that I was using  槟榔叶 or 栳叶 or Daun Sirih in Malay. Then I myself started to get confused with these types of leaves too . I wondered if I was eating daun kaduk or daun sirih ^_^ !!. This morning I got a chance to get a leaf of daun Sirih from an Indian lady who is selling daun sirih & fresh flowers in the morning market. I quickly compare the taste between daun kaduk from my backyard and daun Sirih. Finally , I have confirmed that  the plant in in my backyard is  Daun Kaduk, Yahoo !!! (sorry, I am a bit mabuk (drunk and dizzy) and high now because consumed this daun sirih , hehehe)

Here are my comparison :-

Daun Kaduk- Shape-round, shinning, soft and smooth surface , taste a bit lemony then followed by bitter taste, but surprised after cooked, it taste so nice.

Daun Sirih- Shape-same shape like daun Kaduk but longer, dull and a bit rough surface, taste mint aroma, followed by bitter and hot, numb the tongue.

You may find out more from these link here:-
1. Daun Kaduk by Delicious Malaysia
2. Daun Sirih
3. Miang Kam uses Bai Cha Plu NOT Betel Leaf (Bai Plu)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 CBS-Local-nasilemaklover. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator